SCCI is committed to safety excellence, highlighted by management and crew active participation, and a quality written safety program – OSHA, First Aid & CPR training for all foremen along with a complete substance-testing program. At SCCI, we have a zero tolerance policy for drug/alcohol use in the workplace. Our records and awards showcase our dedication.
Safety is a Priority
Safety is always a priority at SCCI. We currently employ a full time HR/Safety person. Our investment in Safety has paid off with hundreds of thousands of dollars in insurance premium savings and reduced lost time accidents over the years. Our safety savings is returned to our workforce by way of our profit sharing program and through special incentives. Our NCCI modifier has been at or below the industry average for over a decade. In 2003, the NCCI rate was at .72. The industry average is set at 1.0.
Records & Awards
American Society of Concrete Contractors
- Safety Award for Zero Lost Time: 2005
- Safety Award for Best Safety Achievement: 2005
- Safety Award Certificate of Recognition: 2006
- Safety Award Certificate of Recognition: 2018
- Safety Award Zero Lost Time: 2018
Chicago Association of Subcontractors & Affiliates
- Safety Award 2007
West Bend Mutual Insurance Company
- Outstanding Employee Safety & Health Achievements: 1990-1992, 1994-1996, 1998- 2000, 2004.
Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Safety Training and Evaluation Process S.T.E.P. Award
- “Gold”: 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004
- “Platinum”: 2002, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2017
- Safety Award of Merit: 2001
- No Lost Time to Accidents Award: 2003
- Zero Recordable Accidents Award: 2010
- Zero Recordable Accidents Award: 2017
- Round-table Construction Industry Safety Excellence Award: 1997
Always Drug & Alcohol Free
Drug and Alcohol testing was initiated in 1993 when SCCI became one of the pioneers in the construction industry to implement a zero tolerance drug/alcohol use in the workplace. An Employee Assistance Program and services is provided for our employees. See our Safety page for more information on our policies and awards.
Smoke Free Workplace
100% Smoke Free Workplace on January 1, 2008 as voted for by SCCI employees. SCCI is meeting and exceeding the Smoke Free Illinois Act by establishing a 100% smoke free workplace policy. This policy will enforce that all SCCI employees and SCCI suppliers on the jobsite or on company time be smoke free. SCCI properties and vehicles are 100% smoke free at all times. Contact SCCI for a copy of this policy.